Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Final Thoughts...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Helene Blowers! I've been with the library for a little over two years, and this is the most exciting thing that I've seen us do. Yeah, Vocera was a little exciting (until we actually started using it) and floating collection was awesome (though it went so well that the excitement died down fast) but I've seen more communication, collaboration and excitement over this program than anything else (except maybe SRC).

I have passed along the blog to many outsiders hoping they might partake or at least browse through and find something new to try out. The greatest thing about this whole process was "Learning and Playing". I think it helped me retain most of the information and I've actually been putting it to good use. If the information was distributed at an 8 hour seminar, I would have retained very little of it.

Programs like this put the library at the forefront of the information age. This is where we should be! We shouldn't be playing catch up, we should be leading the change.

No comments: