Thursday, October 2, 2008

Library Wiki

First, let me say I love wikipedia. It is ingrained in my every day life. I also use wiktionary and wikiquote. And I will continue to explore wikis.

My immediate reaction to the library wikis listed on Learn & Play was, "Harumph!?!?!" Everything looked so disorganized and unappealing. Why would I use Book Lovers wiki when I can use amazon, good reads or library thing? I then ventured through some of the links provided by the LibrarySuccess wiki (liked this one) and I really liked the wikis from Loudon County and Stephens County. These were more community based and I could see the city of Columbus or CML doing something like this.

An internal wiki could be really useful for CML. It would make sense to have information on cmlsi posted in wiki format. We would actually be able to search for information in an orderly and more productive format!

No comments: